Idaho, Diocese of

<< Back

The state of Idaho was part of the Missionary District of the Northwest, which was established in 1859. The 1865 General Convention established the Missionary District of Colorado and Parts Adjacent, including Idaho. In 1866 the House of Bishops created the Missionary District of Montana, Idaho and Utah, and in 1880, it created the Missionary District of Idaho and Utah. In 1886 the House of Bishops established the Missionary District of Wyoming and Idaho. The 1898 General Convention changed the Missionary District of Wyoming and Idaho to the Missionary District of Boise. The 1907 General Convention created the Missionary District of Idaho. At the 1967 General Convention the Missionary District of Idaho became the Diocese of Idaho. The primary convention of the Diocese was held at St. Michael's Cathedral, Boise, on Dec. 9, 1967. St. Michael's Cathedral, Boise, was dedicated on May 25, 1902.